So here is the five minute pumpkin!
Happy Halloween all!
|The desktop photo that should have been updated saturday... Now you can see a small "WIP" photo station! Oh: and it's a glorified mess...|
|I love playing with angles of site and framing in my scenes. Here the construction of a very simple barred window on the base of my "Cultist raid"|
|The masking of the base and preliminary texture of the walls|
|A close-up of this preliminary texture. I might not add to it actually as I quite like it as it is. I will see when a base coat is applied how I feel about it...|
|The Tube Tool has arrived and it is oh so wonderfully simple and effective!|
|Seriously: a brilliant tool!|
|Our Hookah is connected! This is going to be epic to paint!!|
Right! Now to return to Shadowblade and catch up on time lost...
Also stay posted as in the coming days I feel a small competition coming on with a little prize for the winner!
|"Who told the armourer to fit all these damn bells???!!'|
|The "over the soulder" pose: a classic from all good pin-ups throughout the ages!|
|image taken from GW site|
|And here he is before priming!|
|The "I" profiles and the pipes. The larger pipe is from a specifically made plastic profile, the smaller pipe is the protective cap of a paintbrush.|
|The Milliput fill-in. |
As you can see I created some simple varying levels by simply pushing and flattening the putty using a toothpick. Later, when flocking is added this wil create a more interesting surface than flat putty.
I then glued a few small slates around the bottom of the "I" profiles with PVA glue and finally using Superglue (please be careful using this stuff!) I fixed some simple dirt dust on the various desired areas.
The dirt dust (the dark brown stuff) is clearly visible. This photo also shows the circulation level on which the cultist will finally stand.
The final circulation surface was cut out of a sheet of textured plastic, the particular texture chosen is that of an anti-slip metal floor plate. As a final touch some screwed up papers and drink tins were modelled out of lead paper. In a future article I will show you the wonders of lead paper and its' uses for your bases and conversions!
Long story short here is the state of our cultist after a sleepless night:
Still a lot of work to be done, however I intend this to be a quick project so stay tuned for the final pictures of this guy!
What happened to the other four???
A very good question! (Multiple exclamation marks are apparentely a sure sign of insanity. What do you think??!!)
Well my folly made me turn four of the lowliest most useless pieces into a decent sized project (by my standards anyway). The various poses of these guys led me to see them rampaging through alleys ransacking a town fallen to the dark gods of Chaos.
So out comes the box of random bases to hunt down something that could be used to create a small crossroads. I'll leave you simply with some pictures of this project as I intend to write a full step-by-step on creating a small scene using this piece as the walkthrough example.
'Til next time!!!!(more multiple exclamation marks... the madness is set in I fear...)
|The Shamans' staff was shortened to later be transformed into an american-indian style pipe. You can also see the beginning of the hookah pipe to the left. In the background you can see the armature for the massive mushroom that he will be sitting under.|
|A better view of the mushroom armature.|
|a close-up view of the advancing Hookah pipe.|
|YES!!!: the second and third light sources have appeared, praised be the scandinavian furniture magus!!|
|A bit of DIY has added much needed shelf space... And yes there are now stagnating mugs of tea...|
|Not the optimum way I've had for paint storage but it'll do for the few months I will spend here...|
|As you can see: defiant! Worthy of some of Irelands turn of the century "fire and brimstone" preachers!|
I gave him a longer and more unkempt beard using GreenStuff; his original staff was replaced by drilling through his clenched fist and inserting a 1mm thick piano wire. The Imperial "I" was liberated from the hand oh a Sister of Battle; the various parchment strands were cut out of lead paper and finally the seals were quickly modelled out of GreenStuff.
At the rate he's going I may just have finished him by next summer... More news on this guy to come no doubt!
However I must now return to work on my upcoming competition piece...
|I can see you...|