Wednesday 16 October 2013

On creativity...

A lot of people have been asking me where I get my ideas and how I make them into something real. Well I could list all the great painters and sculptors I have met over the years; all the writers and their works that I ave read and admired over the years. I could write a huge list of museums and artworks I have been voluntarily or involuntarily exposed to in my lifetime; the same could be done in the musical sphere...

None of that will be of any use to you, sorry!

Now "how" I turn ideas and concepts into actual "things" can be seen in the tutorials.
Creativity however is first and foremost a state of mind. I could ramble on about it BUT: I will leave you to watch this brilliant speech that John Cleese delivered some years ago. He puts much better words to the topic than I could hope for. Listen, meditate and enjoy!