Thursday 10 October 2013

The Apocalypse Preacher (vol. I)


Ongoing project (WIP)



to get you in the mood...

This guy is a loooooooooooooooooooooong ongoing project. I've been coming back and doing bits on him for the past year and a half. Unfortunately I am a painter who starts more projects than he finishes, maybe this blog will help me discipline myself against this shortcoming...

Anyhow here is the current state of play!


The base is built up around and under a resin base by Fenryll, a few loose slates from Citadel / Games Workshop were added to blend the assemblages into each other and provide a level surface on which the Preacher will stand defiantly!

As you can see: defiant! Worthy of some of Irelands turn of the century "fire and brimstone" preachers!


I gave him a longer and more unkempt beard using GreenStuff; his original staff was replaced by drilling through his clenched fist and inserting a 1mm thick piano wire. The Imperial "I" was liberated from the hand oh a Sister of Battle; the various parchment strands were cut out of lead paper and finally the seals were quickly modelled out of GreenStuff.

At the rate he's going I may just have finished him by next summer... More news on this guy to come no doubt! 

However I must now return to work on my upcoming competition piece...